Updates from over the last six days:
- Former Raiders and Seahawks K Sebastian Janikoswki retired from the NFL after 19 seasons.
- The Colts signed former Chiefs RB Spencer Ware to a 1-year deal.
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin is seriously considering retirement. Baldwin has had knee, shoulder and sports hernia surgeries this offseason. Seattle selected Ole Miss WR DK Metcalf to end the second-round.
- Raiders RB Isaiah Crowell tore his Achilles while working out and will miss the entire 2019 season.
- The Raiders re-signed veteran RB Doug Martin to a 1-year deal.
- ESPN’s Monday Night Football broadcast team is set: Joe Tessitore (play by play), Booger McFarland (analyst) and Lisa Salters (sideline reporter).
- The Patriots traded TE Jacob Hollister to the Seahawks for a conditional 2020 7th-round pick.
- The Titans signed former Ravens DE Brent Urban, who started every game for Baltimore in 2018.
- Steelers placed LB Ryan Shazier on reserve/PUP list, ending his 2019 season.
- Former Lions DE Ezekiel Ansah, who is still recovering from shoulder surgery, took a free agent visit with the Seahawks.
- Giants 6th-round rookie Corey Ballentine was shot and injured early Sunday morning. Ballentine is expected to make a full recovery. Unfortunately, his former teammate Dwane Simmons was killed.
- Veteran CB Kayvon Webster took a free agent visit with the Bears.
- Jamaal Charles signed a one-day contract with the Chiefs and officially retired.
- Derrick Johnson will sign a one-day contract with the Chiefs and officially retire.
- The Texans signed former Chargers safety Jahleel Addae.
- The Jaguars signed three LBs: Najee Goode, Ramik Wilson and D.J. Alexander
- The Steelers released veteran LB Jon Bostic.
- The Falcons released veteran G Brandon Fusco.
- The Raiders released veteran TE Lee Smith.
- The Rams waived safety Blake Countess.
- The Dolphins waived QB Luke Falk, who was then claimed by the Jets.
- The Eagles signed former Redskins LB Zach Brown.
- The Cardinals signed former Ravens TE Maxx Williams.
- The Patriots signed former Raiders LB Shilique Calhoun
- The Bucs released former Packers QB Joe Callahan.
- The Broncos waived QB Garrett Grayson and WR Chad Hansen
Fifth-year option tracker:
- Jared Goff: Picked up
- Carson Wentz: Picked up
- Joey Bosa: Picked up
- Ezekiel Elliott: Picked up
- Jalen Ramsey: Picked up
- Ronnie Stanley: Picked up
- DeForest Buckner: Picked up
- Jack Conklin: Declined
- Leonard Floyd: Picked up
- Eli Apple: Declined
- Sheldon Rankins: Picked up
- Laremy Tunsil: Picked up
- Vernon Hargreaves: Picked up
- Karl Joseph: Declined
- Corey Coleman: N/A (Was cut)
- Taylor Decker: Picked up
- Keanu Neal: Picked up
- Ryan Kelly: Picked up
- Shaw Lawson: Declined
- Darron Lee: Declined
- Will Fuller: Picked up
- Josh Doctson: Declined
- Laquon Treadwell: Declined
- William Jackson III: Picked up
- Artie Burns: Declined
- Paxton Lynch: N/A (Was cut)
- Kenny Clark: Picked up
- Joshua Garnett: Declined
- Robert Nkemdiche: Declined
- Vernon Butler: Declined
- Germain Ifedi: Declined
- The final Raiders-Steelers trade involving Antonio Brown is…. AB to Oakland for WR Diontae Johnson and TE Zach Gentry.
- The final Browns-Giants trade involving Odell Beckham Jr. is…. OBJ to Cleveland for S Jabrill Peppers, DT Dexter Lawrence and DE Oshane Ximines.
- Browns GM John Dorsey and HC Freddie Kitchens reiterated that Duke Johnson will be apart of the team in 2019.
- The Broncos and Redskins had no interest in taking Daniel Jones, per Adam Schefter (podcast).
- With Sebastian Janikowski retiring, Patriots QB Tom Brady is the last remaining active player selected in the 2000 NFL Draft.
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim said during an interview on The Rich Eisen Show that Kyler Murray’s NFL rookie contract will have language that will protect the team should Murray return to playing baseball. Keim added that Murray is the Week 1 starter.
- Joe Theismann will allow Dwayne Haskins to wear #7 in Washington.
- 49ers K Robbie Gould requested a trade out of San Francisco and former No. 3 overall pick Solomon Thomas had his name in trade rumblings. Speaking to reporters, GM John Lynch and HC Kyle Shanahan said both players will be on the team in 2019.
- Raiders stunned the world when they selected Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell. Interestingly enough, Ferrell has the same agent (Joel Segal) as former Raiders WR Amari Cooper and DE Khalil Mack, both of whom were traded rather than signed to long-term contracts.
- Giants QB Eli Manning canceled his weekly spot on WFAN with Mike Francesa because he’s not certain he will be the starting QB throughout the 2019 season.
- The Steelers traded up to select Devin Bush at No. 10. Bush has the same agent (Drew Rosenhaus) as Antonio Brown.
- Deandre Hopkins’ mom subject of domestic abuse-themed feature film
- The 2019 NFL Draft had the most trades ever with 39
My favorite videos from over the last week:
OBJ reacting to the Browns selecting Greedy Williams
Odell's reaction to the @Browns drafting Greedy Williams 🗣
— FanDuel (@FanDuel) April 27, 2019
Seahawks call to DK Metcalf
— NFL Films (@NFLFilms) May 1, 2019
Pat McAfee announcing the Colts pick
.@PatMcAfeeShow shows no mercy in Nashville 😂
— Sunday Night Football (@SNFonNBC) April 27, 2019
Peyton Manning’s new series on ESPN+ will be a must watch
Here's the 'Peyton's Places' trailer that debuted earlier on ESPN. Peyton Manning's new series debuts exclusively on ESPN+ on July 15.
THIS. LOOKS. AMAZING. pic.twitter.com/IERyz1RMmk
— bill hofheimer (@bhofheimer_espn) April 26, 2019
Josh Rosen’s goodbye message
Thank you @AZCardinals
— Josh Rosen (@josh3rosen) April 27, 2019
DK Metcalf showed up to his pre-draft meeting with the Seahawks with no shirt.
So Pete Carroll took off his shirt as well.
— Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) April 27, 2019
Jamaal Charles wishes he played with Patrick Mahomes
— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 3, 2019
Tom Brady was on Jimmy Kimmel!
— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) May 3, 2019
Follow @MySportsUpdate on twitter for all the latest info from around the NFL.