Clemson Tigers quarterback Trevor Lawrence is leaving the door open about returning for a senior season.
“We’ll just have to see how things unfold,” Lawrence said on Tuesday. “There’s a lot of factors in that. Honestly, really playing this year, putting everything I have into it and not really focusing on next year. If I leave or stay, whatever, obviously I have the option to do either one. My mindset’s been that I’m gonna move on, but who knows? There’s a lot of things that could happen.”
“No matter where I go — whether that’s across the country or whether it’s close to home, whether I stay another year — we’ll work it out.”
Lawrence is viewed as the consensus top pick if he leaves for the 2021 NFL Draft. That top pick is currently held by the 0-7 Jets. There’s been a lot of talk in New York about the possibility of moving on from former No. 3 pick Sam Darnold in order to select Lawrence.
“For me, it’s out of my control,” Darnold said last week. “I’m here to do my best and help this team win games.”
The Jets are scheduled to travel to Kansas City to take on Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs this week. According to ESPN’s FPI, the Jets have the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL.
Meanwhile, Clemson is off to a 6-0 start to the season after beating Syracuse on Saturday and rank No. 1 in the AP Top 25. They will face Boston College on Saturday.
Follow @MySportsUpdate on twitter for all the latest info from around the NFL.